In this post I will describe how to easily create your own webbrowser with FPC in Lazarus IDE using Gecko engine.
Gecko is a web browser engine used in many applications developed by Mozilla Foundation and the Mozilla Corporation (notably the Firefox web browser including its mobile version and their e-mail client Thunderbird), as well as in many other open source software projects. Gecko is free and open-source software subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License ver.2.
From the outset, Gecko was designed to support open Internet standards. Some of the standards Gecko supports include:
- CSS Level 2.1 (partial support for CSS 3)
- DOM Level 1 and 2 (partial support for DOM 3)
- HTML4 (partial support for HTML5)
- XForms (via an official extension)
- XHTML 2.0
- XML 2.0
- XSLT and XPath, implemented in TransforMiiX